Thyroid Health – a conversation with my doctor, Dr elen apthomas
Finding a doctor to help you manage your thyroid health can be more difficult than it should be. I’m blessed to have had Dr Elen ApThomas helping me for about 15 years manage my thyroid health. I’m honoured she agreed to talk with me on the podcast.
We cover topics like:
- How to find a doctor that understands thyroid health – what to look for and where to look.
- What you can do to get the thyroid tests you need and why doctors might not easily be able to refer you for them.
- 1 simple food you can juice to improved your digestive health.
- Different kinds of thyroid medications.
- Why gluten & dairy aren’t recommended for auto-immune thyroid disease.
- What can help with weight loss.
- Fasting – who should/shouldn’t fast and where to start if you want to give it a go.
- What can trigger an auto-immune response? What is your immune system trying to protect yourself from?
- Dr ApThomas’ top simple recommendation for managing stress.
Links referred to in this episode
Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine – find a practitioner.
For information on an alkaline diet: Live Energized.
The Longevity Diet – Dr Valta Longo – fasting
Dr Elen ApThomas is an integrative holistic doctor trained in both conventional and integrative medicine. She holds Bachelors in Medicine and Surgery from Adelaide, a Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and is a Member of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine. She has been practising for over 26 years and is the founding doctor of a large multidisciplinary medical practice The Medical Sanctuary in Benowa on the Gold Coast Australia with Medical Doctors, Naturopaths, Osteopath, Acupuncturist, Colonic Hydrotherapist and Massage therapy. She is a wife and mother to 3 girls aged 10,12 and 15 years. Her philosophy of medicine is to heal the body through addressing the true cause of disease.
To connect with Dr Elen ApThomas:
Let’s get social.
Subscribe to the podcast & share.
Follow me on social media.
Join the Let’s Talk Thyroid Community on Facebook.
Buy from me.
If you are having trouble getting the blood tests you’d like from your doctor, please try to find another health practitioner. If you’d like to order blood tests privately, please consider using my affiliate link through i-screen.