Thyroid Health – a conversation with my doctor, Dr elen apthomas
MY DOCTOR TALKS THYROID HEALTH
Finding a doctor to help you manage your thyroid health can be more difficult than it should be. I’m blessed to have had Dr Elen ApThomas helping me for about 15 years manage my thyroid health. I’m honoured she agreed to talk with me on the podcast.
We cover topics like:
- How to find a doctor that understands thyroid health – what to look for and where to look.
- What you can do to get the thyroid tests you need and why doctors might not easily be able to refer you for them.
- 1 simple food you can juice to improved your digestive health.
- Different kinds of thyroid medications.
- Why gluten & dairy aren’t recommended for auto-immune thyroid disease.
- What can help with weight loss.
- Fasting – who should/shouldn’t fast and where to start if you want to give it a go.
- What can trigger an auto-immune response? What is your immune system trying to protect yourself from?
- Dr ApThomas’ top simple recommendation for managing stress.
Links referred to in this episode
Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine – find a practitioner.
For information on an alkaline diet: Live Energized.
The Longevity Diet – Dr Valta Longo – fasting
Dr Elen ApThomas is an integrative holistic doctor trained in both conventional and integrative medicine. She holds Bachelors in Medicine and Surgery from Adelaide, a Diploma in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and is a Member of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine. She has been practising for over 26 years and is the founding doctor of a large multidisciplinary medical practice The Medical Sanctuary in Benowa on the Gold Coast Australia with Medical Doctors, Naturopaths, Osteopath, Acupuncturist, Colonic Hydrotherapist and Massage therapy. She is a wife and mother to 3 girls aged 10,12 and 15 years. Her philosophy of medicine is to heal the body through addressing the true cause of disease.
To connect with Dr Elen ApThomas:
Suspect you have a thyroid issue? PLEASE trust your instincts and get it thoroughly checked out with your health practitioner. This thyroid basics page has an overview of what tests to ask for and an affiliate link to use a private lab if your doctor won't order them.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU
Everything I know about living a thyroid-friendly lifestyle I've put into a book. Let's Tak Thyroid: Positive & Practical Thyroid Help
MY THYROID BOX
Luxury gift box for all thyroid patients, curated to help you feel loved, equipped & hopeful for your thyroid journey.
Listen to the podcast where I talk all things thyroid. It's a mix of my experiences, interviews with my community of thyroid people and experts sharing their wisdom for our benefit.