Essential oils as a gentle and powerful tool for mood management.
Mood Mangement with essential oils
As it happens the last few weeks I’ve seen a theme emerge: stress & mood management!
We know that stress has a whole lot of negative impact on our overall thyroid health. There are quite a few tools in my stress/mood management toolkit, including diet, sleep, saying no, creating ‘white space’ but my essential oils are a very important tool in that toolkit!
In this episode I talk about:
My experience with essential oils – going from a smell hater (because they made me feel sick!) to a smell lover.
- What essential oils are
- How essential oils work (aromatically with our olfactory system and topically entering our bodies through the skin).
- What essential oils are NOT
- Different essential oils, that because of their chemistry are lovely for when you want to lift your mood/feel happy and energised.
- Different essential oils, that because of their chemistry are perfect for when you want to calm and settled during the day, and restful at night.
- A few of my favourite ways I use these oils in my daily routine.
- If you’d like my current sleep roller recipe that I rub on my temples, forearms, bottoms of my feet… pretty much all over at bedtime as part of my bedtime rituals fill out the form below and I’ll get it to you immediately!
If you’d like a simple place to start with using essential oils as your own powerful & gentle tool in YOUR toolkit, check out the Emotional Wellness Starter Kit below or get in touch and I’ll help you find the right oils for your needs and budget.
Dr Danielle Daniel Check out these articles in particular:
doTERRA Science (you can download the chemistry wheel here)
The Emotional Wellness Starter Kit is the kit I refer to in the podcast. It includes:
Adaptiv: for adapting to the ups & downs of life.
Balance: My long time favourite go to when I feel stressed.
Lavender Peace: For more intense relaxing and a favourite at bed time in our house.
Citrus Bliss: A beautiful fresh oil to diffuse to lighten and lift the mood.
Elevation: Mood lifting at it’s best!
Petal Diffuser: Easy to use diffuser – 1, 2 and 4 hour settings with a night light.
I suggest adding a Fractionated Coconut Oil ($16.50) so you can apply these oils topically as well as use in the diffuser.
Suspect you have a thyroid issue? PLEASE trust your instincts and get it thoroughly checked out with your health practitioner. This thyroid basics page has an overview of what tests to ask for and an affiliate link to use a private lab if your doctor won't order them.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Get my thyroid emails!
Subscribe to my thyroid emails, get a free gift and you'll get access to lots info.