FROM GRAVES DISEASE PATIENT TO ‘THE THYROID EXPERT’
JULES CHANDLER SHARES HER JOURNEY
Like so many working in thyroid health, Jules Chandler’s passion to help thyroid patients comes from her own journey from Graves Disease patient to practitioner.
14 years ago Jules was diagnosed with ‘hyperactive thyroid’, put on medication for 18 months and told they would then ‘see what happens’.
Like many (most) thyroid patients, Jules wasn’t told much about her thyroid so she went looking for her own answers. She’d buy books and get frustrated reading them (hello brain fog) and ‘lob’ them across the room. (I promise my book Let’s Talk Thyroid is an easy read and hopefully not one you’ll want to ‘lob’ across the room!!)
This began a long and windy road to thyroid health recovery for Jules.
Along Jules journey, she studied naturopathic nutrition and became known amongst her fellow students as ‘the thyroid expert’. She has founded The Thyroid Collective – her thyroid ‘army’ of practitioners on a mission to help thyroid patients across the UK and beyond.
In our conversation about her thyroid journey we cover topics including:
- What lead to her hyper/Graves diagnosis.
- Her complicated treatment path – this is a key difference between hypo and hyper thyroid – the treatment is very different.
- Anti-thyroid medication.
- “Caging’ her thyroid (a fighty, wiley little devil’)
- The path from hyper to very hypo to ‘normal’ then RELAPSE.
- The impact of gluten.
- Thyroid eye disease (another Graves’ difference).
- How to prepare for an endocrinologist appointment
- The impact an ’empowered and engaged patient’ can make.
- The importance of gathering with other thyroid patients from time to time – you are NOT alone.
Thank you Jules for all you do to serve the thyroid population across the globe. You are a thyroid health powerhouse.
Meet Jules Chandler AKA The Thyroid Expert
Connect with Jules
BUY NOW – MY THYROID BOX PRICE SLASHED BY 30%
IS IT TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE ACTION?
Suspect you have a thyroid issue? PLEASE trust your instincts and get it thoroughly checked out with your health practitioner. This thyroid basics page has an overview of what tests to ask for and an affiliate link to use a private lab if your doctor won't order them.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU