living a thyroid wellness lifestyle
LIVING A THYROID WELLNESS LIFESTYLE
I’ve been promoting a lifestyle approach to wellness, for years. But what does it actually mean? What other approach is there?
Here’s what a lifestyle approach to thyroid (or any other) wellness is NOT:
- A diet
- Seeking some kind of health perfection.
- Only taking medication and doing nothing else.
- Annual check ups with a doctor who doesn’t know a lot about managing thyroid health well.
- Meant to be another stress
- Reading and researching, getting overwhelmed and not taking any action.
This what I believe taking a lifestyle approach to managing thyroid (or any other) wellness IS:
- Taking responsibility for your own health
- A process/journey/up & down, tightening and loosening.
- Making incremental, sustainable change.
- Easier than you might think – but requires a decision – or series of decisions.
- Taking a long term mindset to health.
Key factors in a thyroid wellness lifestyle:
- Food – anti-inflammatory. Check out these episodes: Going Gluten Free Part 1 & Part 2. Going dairy free. What causes Hashimoto’s? (trigger discussion)
- Stress management
- Sleep – 8hrs good quality.
- Mindset – loving your body not hating it.
- Low tox – removing chemicals and toxins over time.
Suspect you have a thyroid issue? PLEASE trust your instincts and get it thoroughly checked out with your health practitioner. This thyroid basics page has an overview of what tests to ask for and an affiliate link to use a private lab if you're doctor won't order them.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Get my thyroid emails!
Subscribe to my thyroid emails, get a free gift and you'll get access to lots info.