STRENGTH TRAINING TO BECOME THYROID STRONG
WITH DR EMILY KIBERD
Strength training can be daunting for someone with Hashimoto’s or hypothyroidism and yet it’s a really important form of exercise. In this show I talk with Dr Emily Kiberd, Chiropractor and movement expert about thyroid-friendly exercise, and in particular about how to incorporate weights (safely) for someone with a thyroid problem.
We cover topics like:
- Dr Kiberd’s personal Hashimoto’s story
- Different considerations for those with hypothyroidism/Hashimoto’s eg muscle, joint and tendon pain, slow recovery, difficulty maintaining muscle mass, hypermobility, joint integrity.
- The importance of being ‘thyroid strong’ for overall resilience.
- The importance of mindset and shifting from a fat loss mindset to a muscle focussed one.
- Tips for safe weight lifting.
Meet Dr Kiberd
Chiropractor and movement expert Dr. Emily Kiberd helps women struggling with thyroid issues to lose weight, beat fatigue, and feel strong and confident in their bodies. She is a mama to 2 toddlers, kettlebell enthusiast and has put her Hashimoto’s into remission with strategies she shares inside her course Thyroid Strong.
IS IT TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE ACTION?
Suspect you have a thyroid issue? PLEASE trust your instincts and get it thoroughly checked out with your health practitioner. This thyroid basics page has an overview of what tests to ask for and an affiliate link to use a private lab if your doctor won't order them.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU