Your Christmas survival guide
HOW TO GET THROUGH CHRISTMAS WITH YOUR SANITY AND THYROID HEALTH INTACT!
How do you feel about Christmas?
Christmas means so many different things for each of us but for most, it’s a busy season and can be quite stressful. So…. what are a few things we can do to make it fun, happy and not undo all the good we’ve been doing for our thyroid health?! Really it’s more than Christmas survival, it’s about thriving through Christmas 🙂
Here are some of my thoughts – what works for my Christmas Survival plan. I’d love you to join the discussion in the Let’s Talk Thyroid Community as I know you’ll have some ideas to share with the rest of us too!
Firstly, I think it’s important to release that in practical terms, Christmas is at least a month, if not 6 weeks. It’s NOT just 1 day! Not in terms of the busyness, food, stress and relationships anyway. So, we need to tackle it as a season… even if it’s a mini-season if we are going to survive Christmas well!
- Go with your personality.
- Go with your past experiences!
- Start planning now – know what you can say yes to, no to.
- Take a holiday before and/or after Christmas.
Relationships are so important, especially within our families, so let’s show extra grace, kindness and love this Christmas. Sounds obvious, but the extra stress Christmas can cause it often taken out on those we love most. To do this, here are a few ideas:
- Know your limits – don’t over commit
- No-vember. Use November as a month to say NO to things in December! You might like to listen to Epsiode 18 of the podcast where we talked about boundaries and saying no (nicely)!
- Remember that STRESS is a thyroid TRIGGER so we don’t want to trigger a flare.
For sleep, I love Lavender Peace, Vetiver and Serenity Softgels.
My favourite kits, if you’re looking for a Christmas present for yourself are here (the Emotional Wellness starter pack or the Home Essentials kit are crackers)
For the days I’ve overindulged in food/drinks, my favourites are
- Zendocrine + Grapefruit
- Smart & Sassy
- + bonus On Guard if you’re feeling run down + LLV
Let’s be real, what would Christmas be without fantastic food!!
Given that Christmas is really at least a month, not just a day, plan accordingly. Don’t let everything go, but set yourself some ground rules for the month in advance.
- Keep a few good habits going eg celery juicing, intermittent fasting, alcohol-free days, stay hydrated
- Still look after your gut health.
- Consider a protein shake if busy.
- My rule is 100% Gluten free and other things I’ll allow from time to time BUT don’t undo all your hard work – this is not about discipline, but about health.
- Focus on what you can have.
Here are some of my favourite online healthy cooks to follow:
- Order the bulk of your Christmas food online and have it delivered
- Start the day well – affirmations
- Make yourself a coffee – or a ‘time-out’ ritual.
- Delegate what you can
- Keep it simple
- Shop online for what you can
- Support local, friends and homemade gifts – double gift then too!!
LET’S KEEP TALKING
Book your free 30 min Strategy Session
Let’s get social.
Subscribe to the podcast & share.
Follow me on social media.
Join the Let’s Talk Thyroid Community on Facebook.
Buy from me
If you are having trouble getting the blood tests you’d like from your doctor, please try to find another health practitioner. If you’d like to order blood tests privately, please consider using my affiliate link through i-screen.