going gluten free part 2
HOW TO GO GLUTEN FREE
Did you miss PART 1? We covered the why, where and what of going gluten free. Now let’s get practical and talk about HOW to implement a gluten free diet.
In preparing for this episode, I was reminded just how good my cookbook actually is, because really, it’s more than a cookbook. I have lots of information in it about how I went gluten free, ideas for sticking with it when you travel or are out and about. There are meal ideas and approaches to meals, not just recipes. In fact I have been surprised by the number of people who have told me they sat down ad ‘read’ it cover to cover!
Not got your copy yet?
Physical copy: $30
Ebook version: $14.95
Many recipes available for free on whatannabelcooks.com
Tips for implementing a gluten free diet?
- Make a decision – honestly, it’s my biggest tip. Just decide if you are and how you are going to do it. Takes all the little decisions out of it then.
- Be prepared – stock the house with ingredients you can eat, remove those you can’t.
- Be inspired – try new recipes, buy a new book or 2.
- Have fun – seriously, it’s a gift not a punishment.
- Tell others and get support.How to approach a meal?🥣 Rethink breakfast – left overs are great, an egg and veggie fry-up, smoothie, breakfast soup
🥩 Decide on a protein, which fat will you cook it in (i use macadamia oil, coconut oils, olive oil, butter) and then add a mix of colourful veggies – try cutting them in different shapes for variety!
Are you a turkey or a frog?
Depending on your personality, you might like to take either a cold turkey or a frog in a pot approach. You decide what works best for you. Personally I’m a turkey! In the podcast I go over some tips for each approach and who it might be best for.
Suspect you have a thyroid issue? PLEASE trust your instincts and get it thoroughly checked out with your health practitioner. This thyroid basics page has an overview of what tests to ask for and an affiliate link to use a private lab if your doctor won't order them.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU
Get my thyroid emails!
Subscribe to my thyroid emails, get a free gift and you'll get access to lots info.