HALEY’S THYROID STORY
Haley first noticed problems with her thyroid when she was pregnant with her now 21 yo, although it took about 4-5 years to be diagnosed and another 2-3 years to have more than just her TSH tested and get to the bottom of her thyroid issues. Primarily that she wasn’t converting T4 to T3.
Haley has been highly invested in her own education and advocating her own health. She even bought her doctor a copy of Stop the Thyroid Madness to educate him.
Here are the key topics we cover:
- Haley’s tips for working shift work and looking after her thyroid health.
- Various thyroid triggers, symptoms and signs to look out for.
- T4 to T3 conversion and medication options.
- Essential oils and Haley’s favourite combo of Elevation and InTune.
- The impact of your health on the relationships around you.
- Some of the people that Haley has found helpful to follow and learn from include: Hypothyroid Mom, Gena Lee Nolin (Thyroid Sexy) and her book, Beautiful Inside & Out, and Mary Shomon and her book, Stop the Thyroid Madness.
Haley’s top 3 tips:
- Educate yourself.
- Listen to your body.
- Go a little bit at a time.
Haley and I met at the doTERRA Global Convention in Salt Lake City in Sept 2019.
MY FAVOURITE STARTER PACKS ARE THE HOME ESSENTIALS KIT OR THE LIFELONG VITALITY KIT.
Suspect you have a thyroid issue? PLEASE trust your instincts and get it thoroughly checked out with your health practitioner. This thyroid basics page has an overview of what tests to ask for and an affiliate link to use a private lab if your doctor won't order them.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU