LYNNE’S THYROID STORY
Lynne was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s about 12 years ago. It was feeling depressed despite it being a very happy time of her life, unexplained weight gain and exhaustion that were her main symptoms. Fortunately she was diagnosed fairly easily and put on medication but after a year or so she didn’t feel any better.
Then began many years of research, reading, taking her health into her own hands, changing medication, diet and healing to the point where she has been off thyroid medication for a number of years.
Lynne is a very fit and active woman – you’ll find her most days walking the moors near her home in the UK or hacking through ice in the her local pond to swim in the cold! Actually she has been able to reflect that her cold water swimming has probably been a key factor in keeping her thyroid healthy! I think she’s a super ice-woman!
Here are the key topics we cover:
- Being your own health advocate.
- Being prepared to do what’s necessary to heal.
- T3 medication.
- Lynne mentioned that a very helpful book and person for her healing was Paul Robinson’s Recovering with T3 and his Facebook group.
- Dietary changes (in particular gluten, sugar, dairy and unprocessed food).
- Cold water swimming
- Essential oils and reducing chemicals around the home.
Lynne’s top 3 tips:
- Avoid stress as much as possible.
- Listen to your body.
- Fight for what you believe is best for you.
- Do what makes you happy.
- Do your own research – no one size fits all.
- There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Here are some photos Lynne sent me of her cold water swimming! She’s very inspiring. Thank you Lynne for sharing your story.
MY FAVOURITE STARTER PACKS ARE THE HOME ESSENTIALS KIT OR THE LIFELONG VITALITY KIT.
Suspect you have a thyroid issue? PLEASE trust your instincts and get it thoroughly checked out with your health practitioner. This thyroid basics page has an overview of what tests to ask for and an affiliate link to use a private lab if your doctor won't order them.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
HOW I CAN HELP YOU