Sharon Wilford’s perspective on treating thyroid issues as a naturopath.
Treating Thyroid Issues as a Naturopath
I have found having a naturopath (or 2) in my corner to have been so helpful over the years of managing my Hashimoto’s. Sharon Wilford has been one of my personal naturopaths and a very good friend of mine for over 15 years.
Sharon has lots of tools in her naturopathic toolkit. One of the things I love about her is her constant quest for knowledge and improving her skills. Aside from herbs, supplements, and diet, Sharon uses a variety of tests, Applied Kinesiology (muscle testing), Neurolink and Neuro Emotional Technique (NET) with her patients.
Some of the topics we cover are
- Some of the things to look for in a physical examination, common symptoms and clinical indicators of a thyroid condition.
- Common nutritional deficiencies in thyroid patients and the importance of getting professional support to address these.
- Why is gut health so important.
- Neural pathways – are they connecting and flowing properly? What could be blocking them? Neurolink as a technique to help the neural pathways to work more optimally.
- Being ‘ready’ to make changes.
- Taking an individualised approach.
- The stress response and the critical role it plays in thyroid patients.
- The personality connection!
- NET and the researched connection to stress/trauma. Where your body is storing stress/trauma and releasing it.
- Stress, cortisol and a technique that helps release those emotions
- Toxicity as a thyroid trigger.
For more information about Neurolink, head here.
For more information about NET (Neuro Emotional Technique, head here.
Suspect you have a thyroid issue? PLEASE trust your instincts and get it thoroughly checked out with your health practitioner. This thyroid basics page has an overview of what tests to ask for and an affiliate link to use a private lab if you're doctor won't order them.
Disclaimer: This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Get my thyroid emails!
Subscribe to my thyroid emails, get a free gift and you'll get access to lots info.