Sharon Wilford’s perspective on treating thyroid issues as a naturopath.
I have found having a naturopath (or 2) in my corner to have been so helpful over the years of managing my Hashimoto’s. Sharon Wilford has been one of my personal naturopaths and a very good friend of mine for over 15 years.
Sharon has lots of tools in her naturopathic toolkit. One of the things I love about her is her constant quest for knowledge and improving her skills. Aside from herbs, supplements, and diet, Sharon uses a variety of tests, Applied Kinesiology (muscle testing), Neurolink and Neuro Emotional Technique (NET) with her patients.
Some of the topics we cover are
- Some of the things to look for in a physical examination, common symptoms and clinical indicators of a thyroid condition.
- Common nutritional deficiencies in thyroid patients and the importance of getting professional support to address these.
- Why is gut health so important.
- Neural pathways – are they connecting and flowing properly? What could be blocking them? Neurolink as a technique to help the neural pathways to work more optimally.
- Being ‘ready’ to make changes.
- Taking an individualised approach.
- The stress response and the critical role it plays in thyroid patients.
- The personality connection!
- NET and the researched connection to stress/trauma. Where your body is storing stress/trauma and releasing it.
- Stress, cortisol and a technique that helps release those emotions
- Toxicity as a thyroid trigger.
For more information about Neurolink, head here.
For more information about NET (Neuro Emotional Technique, head here.
Let’s get social.
Subscribe to the podcast & share.
Follow me on social media.
Join the Let’s Talk Thyroid Community on Facebook.
Buy from me.
If you are having trouble getting the blood tests you’d like from your doctor, please try to find another health practitioner. If you’d like to order blood tests privately, please consider using my affiliate link through i-screen.